Dragon Models Churchill Mk. IIIMilitary Kits : Ground Armor : Armored Tanks
- For Ages: 14+
- Assembly: Requires Glue
- Released: Feb 2012
- Availability: In Stock
- Price: $15.26
Item DescriptionThe Churchill infantry tank is a most distinctive design with its extremely long chassis and wraparound tracks. Named after the British Minister of Defence of the time, the Churchill tank was very well armored. It was produced in a series of versions that offered heavier armor and more powerful armament as the war progressed. The Mk.III, weighing in at 39,626kg, arrived on the scene in March 1942. It featured a 6-pounder gun in the all-welded turret, and the hull-mounted howitzer fitted in previous variants was deleted. Its baptism of fire was in the Second Battle of El Alamein in October 1942, in which six Mk.III tanks were involved. The Mk.III was also famously involved in the failed landing at Dieppe in northern France.
Dragon previously issued a 1/72 scale kit of the Churchill Mk.IV, but is now following it up with a Mk.III version. To create this earlier mark, many new components such as a turret and auxiliary fuel tank have been newly tooled. The engine details are quite different too. The Churchill Mk.III is beautifully detailed, and it assembles quickly and easily into an accurate model thanks to time-saving elements like one-piece DS tracks and single-piece bogies.
- Newly tooled fuel tank produced
- Realistic Churchill Mk.III
- Cupola and hatches on turret can be assembled open/closed
- Inlet louve molded w/detailed pattern
- Intricate on-vehicle tools molded on
- Side fenders w/pattern detail on both surfaces
- One-piece slide-molded lower hull
- Bolts and rivets delicately represented on hull bottom
- One-piece gun barrel w/detailed hollow muzzle brake
- Idler and sprocket wheel are authentic and easy to assemble
- One-piece bogies produced for easy assembly
- One-piece DS track
Dragon Model Kits
Dragon Models 7396
There are no customer reviews yet.