Tamiya 1984 Honda NSR500Model Kits : Model Cars : Motorcycles
- For Ages: 14+
- Assembly: Requires Glue
- Availability: In Stock
- Price: $57.64
Item DescriptionDuring the 1983 World Grand Prix season, Honda took the championship with the NS500 but it was clear that the power from the 2-stroke V3 engine would be insufficient for the next season. This led Honda to create the NSR500, which was powered by a more powerful V4 engine. It also featured a unique aluminum frame to house the engine and a radical layout in which the expansion chambers and the fuel tank were positioned above and below the engine respectively. The 1984 season was challenging but the following season saw the NSR500 demonstrate its excellent performance to win the championship. The Tamiya 1/12 model kit faithfully brings all the details of this famous GP bike to hobbyists around the world.
Specs and Features:
- 1/12 scale plastic assembly kit model.
- Length: 166mm, Width: 52mm.
- Model depicts the early version of the NSR500 which won the 1984 Italian GP.
- Realistically rendered aluminum frame and fuel tank
- Vinyl tubing included to depict fuel pipes and wirings.
- Screws enable detachment of front cowling, expansion chamber cover, and seat cowling even after assembly to showcase internal details.
- Highly detailed Pro-Link Rear suspension is movable thanks to the coil spring included in the kit.
- Swing arm features truss details.
- Item 12651 1/12 Honda NSR500 '84 Front Fork Set, sold separately, enables an even more realistic finish to the model kit.
Tamiya Model Kits
There are no customer reviews yet.