Tamiya Avro Lancaster B Mk.III Sp. / B Mk.I Sp "Grand Slam Bomber"Military Kits : Military Aircraft : Bomber Aircraft
- For Ages: 14+
- Assembly: Requires Glue
- Availability: In Stock
- Price: $119.51
Item DescriptionThe Avro Lancaster was one of the RAF's main heavy bombers during WWII. Among the many variants, the Mk.III "Dambuster" and Mk.I "Grand Slam Bomber" were best known and the most famous. The "Dambuster" was modified to attack dams in Germany. It was equipped with special bouncing bombs which would skip across the water to the dam wall and explode below the surface of water to inflict structural damage. The "Grand Slam Bomber" was designed to carry the 10-ton Grand Slam earthquake bomb and its bomb bay doors and dorsal machine guns were removed to reduce weight in order to do so. These Lancaster's used the Grand Slam on such important targets such as U-boat bases and rocket manufacturing sites. The Tamiya model faithfully captures all the detail of this historic and famous WWII aircraft in 1/48 scale
- 1/48 scale plastic assembly kit.
- Includes parts to depict the Mk.I Grand Slam or a Mk.III Dambuster.
- Parts for two Merlin engines are included.
- The gun turrets are all movable.
- Pre-painted as well as unpainted canopy parts are included.
- Comes with 3 marking options and 5 crew figures.
Tamiya Model Kits
There are no customer reviews yet.