Tamiya Fairey Swordfish Mk.IIMilitary Kits : Military Aircraft : Pre-war Aircraft
- For Ages: 12+
- Assembly: Requires Glue
- Availability: In Stock
- Price: $72.65
Item DescriptionAffectionately known as the �Stringbag� by those who flew them, the Fairey Swordfish torpedo bomber was already outdated when WWII broke out, but nonetheless provided valuable service and achieved such notable missions as the attack on the Italian Navy at Taranto and damaging the German battleship Bismarck. As newer, faster aircraft were developed to replace it, the Swordfish was modified to become an anti-submarine aircraft. The Mk.II featured metal lower wings that allowed it to be armed with ten rockets or depth charges, which, along with its sturdy design and long endurance, made it an exceptional anti-submarine aircraft for use on merchant aircraft carriers in the Atlantic convoys.
- Detailed assembly kit model of the Fairey Swordfish Mk.II.
- Features specific to the Mk.II, such as the metal lower wing and large oil cooler are all accurately reproduced.
- Formidable rocket armament, exhaust damper, and included invasion stripe markings further distinguish this kit from the earlier Mk.I.
- Use with ITEM# 61069 Fairey Swordfish Photo-Etched Bracing Wire Set for even more realistic rigging detail.
- 3 figures and 3 types of markings included.
Tamiya Model Kits
There are no customer reviews yet.