Tamiya German 8-Wheeled Sd.Kfz.232 Heavy Armored CarMilitary Kits : Ground Armor : Armored Cars
- For Ages: 14+
- Assembly: Requires Glue
- Availability: In Stock
- Price: $26.24
Item DescriptionDuring the first half of WWII, German reconnaissance units greatly used the Sd.Kfz.231 series heavy armored car. Above all, the Sd.Kfz.232 was equipped with a Fu.11 radio and featured a large frame-type antenna mounted on the body. It also came armed with a KwK30 20mm cannon and an MG34 machine gun mounted on its turret. The 8-wheeled Sd.Kfz.232 had an on-road top speed of 90km/h, featured elaborate front and rear driving positions, and a superb 8-wheel drive system. These 8-wheeled armored cars were deployed to armored reconnaissance battalions of Panzer divisions and served as the eyes of the German army from Europe and North Africa to the Russian front. The Tamiya 1/48 scale model kit carefully captures all the fine detail of the full size subject. This subject was only previously available in 1/35 scale and it's now part of the Tamiya 1/48 scale model collection.
Specs and Features
- 1/48 scale plastic assembly kit.
- Length: 140mm, Width: 50mm.
- Angular form and large frame antenna have been accurately reproduced due to extensive research of the full size subject.
- Easy to assemble 8 wheel suspension system.
- Comes with 1 commander torso figure and 2 marking options.
Tamiya Model Kits
There are no customer reviews yet.