Tamiya German Tank Destroyer ElefantMilitary Kits : Ground Armor : Self-Propelled Guns
- For Ages: 12+
- Assembly: Requires Glue
- Released: Aug 2012
- Availability: In Stock
- Price: $67.12
Item DescriptionIn 1941, Porsche created a prototype tank which incorporated radical features including a gasoline-electric hybrid powertrain. In 1943, the tank was transformed into the Ferdinand tank destroyer armed with an 8.8cm PaK 43 L/71 gun housed in a large box-shaped superstructure and 90 units were produced. During the Battle of Kursk, they demonstrated superior anti-armor capability to knock out T-34 and KV-1 tanks at long range, but their slow speed and unreliability resulted in many being immobilized by mechanical troubles. In 1944, 50 surviving Ferdinands were given modifications, including the addition of a machine gun, a commander's cupola, and were re-designated with the name Elefant. The Elefant saw combat on the Italian and Russian fronts, and some fought until the very end of WWII during the Battle of Berlin.
- 1/35 scale plastic assembly kit.
- Length: 236mm.
- Fighting compartment, 8.8cm gun, and cupola have been accurately reproduced.
- Bolt-on front armor, engine grille, and machine gun mount are depicted.
- Assembly type tracks have one-piece straight sections and feature a realistic sag effect.
- 1 commander, 1 loader, and 1 driver torso figures and 3 marking options included.
Tamiya Model Kits
There are no customer reviews yet.