Tamiya Italian Heavy Tank P40Military Kits : Ground Armor : Armored Tanks
- For Ages: 12+
- Assembly: Requires Glue
- Availability: In Stock
- Price: $66.33
Item DescriptionDuring WWII, the only heavy tank produced by Italy was the P40. The P stands for Pesante, or �heavy� in Italian, and the number 40 for the year of adoption, 1940. The tank featured bogey-style wheels on a lead spring suspension. The riveted hull construction was the same as the earlier Carro Armato M13/40 (Item 32596). The tank was equipped with a 75mm gun and an 8mm Breda machine gun and was powered by a 330hp V12 diesel engine. The P40 adopted sloped armor after encountering the Soviet T-34s in battle. Roughly 1,200 tanks were order, but only a few were completed before the Italian Armistice in 1943. Approximately 100 tanks were use from then to the end of the war in Northern Italy and Yugoslavia.
- Limited edition 1/35 scale plastic assembly kit of the Italian Heavy Tank P40.
- Made by Italeri.
- Length: 165mm.
- Riveted hull, sloped armor, and leaf spring suspension have all been realistically reproduced.
- Assembly type tracks included.
- Photo-etched parts include exhaust covers, jerry can racks, and fender stays.
- Markings included to depict Fiat Ansaldo's prototype tank as well as German vehicles. (3 types of markings total).
- 40 page photo reference book included.
- Item 89796 1/35 Metal Gun Barrel for Italian Heavy Tank P40 (Available Seperately.
Tamiya Model Kits
There are no customer reviews yet.