Tamiya Japanese Cruiser MogamiMilitary Kits : Military Ships : War Ships
- For Ages: 12+
- Assembly: Requires Glue
- Availability: In Stock
- Price: $152.50
Item DescriptionThe unique Japanese Navy Aircraft Carrying Cruiser Mogami was built in compliance with the London Naval Treaty following WWI. She was initially equipped with 15.5cm cannons (5x3) and was completed in July 1935. The 15.5cm cannons were later replaced with 3x20.3cm cannons transforming the Mogami into a heavy cruiser. During WWII, the Mogami took part in numerous operations such as the Malay landing operation, the Battle of Sunda Strait, and the Battle of Midway. However, it was at Midway where the Mogami suffered extensive damage and during repairs, a flight deck that could accommodate 11 floatplanes was fitted. After sustaining heavy damage from the US fleet during the Battle of Leyte, her crew abandoned ship and she was scuttled with torpedoes.
- This is a 1/350 scale assembly kit model.
- You can choose to construct either a waterline or full hull display model.
- The display stand securely attaches to the ships hull via screws.
- The metal name plate enhances the finish of the model.
- The bridge windows and search light lens are made of transparent parts.
- Machine gun parts feature laser processing for a sharper, more realistic finish.
Tamiya Model Kits
There are no customer reviews yet.