- For Ages: 12+
- Assembly: Requires Glue
- Availability: In Stock
- Price: $47.38
Item DescriptionPorsche, which had established a great reputation for making sports cars with their 911 models, released a new flagship model called the 928 in March 1977. It featured a front-mounted liquid-cooled V8 engine and rear-mounted transmission to enable a 50:50 front/rear weight distribution as well as a "Weissach Axle" rear suspension system. In 1979, a version with enhanced performance called the 928S was announced. The engine displacement was increased from 4,474cc to 4,664cc which resulted in sixty more horsepower for a total of 300hp and a top speed of over 250km/h. Externally, the 928S featured a new wheel design, front and rear spoilers, and a distinctive crease line along the body sides to differentiate it from the standard 928. The 1/24 scale Tamiya model faithfully replicates this iconic Porsche of the 1980's.
- 1/20 scale plastic assembly kit.
- The sleek, aerodynamic design of the 928S is accurately reproduced.
- Insulated wires are included to depict plug cables.
- Headlights can be depicted in either retracted or raised position.
- Hood may be detached to showcase the V8 engine, radiator, etc.
- Synthetic rubber tires with realistic tread patterns.
- Steerable front wheels.
Tamiya Model Kits
There are no customer reviews yet.