Tamiya Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XVIeMilitary Kits : Military Aircraft : WWII Aircraft
- For Ages: 13+
- Assembly: Requires Glue
- Availability: In Stock
- Price: $131.48
Item DescriptionThe Spitfre Mk.XVI was almost identical to the Mk.IX in nearly all aspects except that most were powered by a Packard-built Merlin 266 engine which had taller dimensions than the Rolls Royce 66 engine and featured a bubble canopy with a "low back" fuselage. Other new structural changes saw the Mk.XVI equipped with a larger 96 gallon main fuel tank, as well as two additional fuel tanks installed at the rear of the fuselage and a larger oil sump to allow it to flylonger distances. Mk.XVIes were mainly used in ground-attack roles and came with the "E" armament configuration of two 20mm cannons and two 12.7mm Browning machine guns. Also, as concrete tarmacs became more common as the war progressed, changes to the camber angle of the Spitfire's landing gears were made to make for more efficient landings and take-offs. With the changes made to the new gun and cannon positioning, ammunition ejection ports, and the landing gear design, the wings featured new bulges compared to the Mk.IX. The Mk.XVIe, served with distinction throughout Europe for the latter half of the war.
- 1/32 scale assembly kit of the Supermarine Spitfire M.XVIe.
- This is the first 1/32 scale Spitfire Mk.XVIe full injection kimodel.
- Movable elevators, rudder, and ailerons. Flaps can be depicted in up or down position.
- Landing gear parts included to depict either up or down position (interchangeable).
- Complicated frame configuration of the cockpit features realistic bulkheads and frames.
- 1 seated and 1 standing pilot figures are included.
- Three kinds of markings included.
- Also included is a display stand which enables you to depict the plane in flight
Tamiya Model Kits
There are no customer reviews yet.