Tamiya Suzuya Heavy CruiserMilitary Kits : Military Ships : War Ships
- For Ages: 12+
- Assembly: Requires Glue
- Availability: In Stock
- Price: $33.95
Item DescriptionThe Suzuya was constructed as the third light cruiser of the Mogami series. But while still under construction, the London Treaty lost its validity and the Suzuya was remodeled immediately after completion. The remodeled Suzuya was mounted with ten 20cm double guns replacing the former fifteen 15.5cm triple guns and began its new life as a heavy cruiser. At the outbreak of the Pacific War, the Suzuya participated in the capture operation of the Malay Penninsula. It also took part in the famous Midway Sea Battle together with three others of its type- the Mogami, the Mikuma and the Kumano. It was active in many other battles before finally meeting its fate during the sea battle off the Samar Island on October 25, 1944, where it erupted in flames after sustaining severe damage from enemy attack planes launched from a U.S. Escort Carrier. The Suzuya was then torpedoed and sunk by a friendly destroyer.
- Japanese Heavy Cruiser Suzuya plastic assembly kit.
- 1/700 scale, Overall length: 286.5mm, Overall width: 35.3mm.
- The graceful form of the Mogami class cruiser has been accurately replicated.
- Suzuya's characteristic structures such as the funnel that distinguished it from the Mogami and the Mikuma have been reproduced.
- The hull has been divided in two halves in order to reproduce the finest details.
- The main turrets can rotate after completion via polycap.
- Equipment such as armament including 12.7cm gun turrets or triple tube torpedo launchers, main mast, aircraft crane and catapults are sharply reproduced
Tamiya Model Kits
There are no customer reviews yet.