Tamiya US M8 GreyhoundMilitary Kits : Ground Armor : Armored Cars
- For Ages: 13+
- Assembly: Requires Glue
- Availability: In Stock
- Price: $28.77
Item DescriptionAbout the M8 Greyhound
Originally designed to meet a requirement for a fast tank destroyer, the M8 was a lightly armored 6X6 vehicle armed with a 37mm main gun and coaxial 30 caliber machine gun in its open turret, and a 50 caliber machine gun on a flexible mount. Newer tank designs soon made the 37mm gun obsolete as an anti-tank weapon, but the vehicle's speed was useful for reconnaissance duties so it was used primarily in that role by the Allied forces in WWII. The M8 then went on to serve in the Korean conflict and French Indochina, and updated versions can still be found in service today in a few corners of the world.
About the Model
* 1/48 scale assembly kit of the U.S. M8 Light Armored Car Greyhound.
* A number of pre-sculpted parts help recreate the complex suspension system while keeping the number of parts down for ease of assembly.
* Open top turret allows viewing of internal details such as the main gun breech.
* Parts of the chassis are made from die-cast metal, giving the model a realistic sense of volume.
* 1 figure and 2 sets of markings are included.
* Perfect for posing together with other 1/48 U.S. AFVs and figure sets.
Tamiya Model Kits
There are no customer reviews yet.